‘An experienced horticulturist’s monthly guide to gardening, with wise, clear and helpful advice on tackling the essential tasks and dealing with problems.’ Gardens Illustrated
One of the keys to happy gardening is knowing what to do and when for the best results. In this handy guide, experienced horticulturist Martyn Cox takes you through the gardening year, month by month, offering wise, clear and helpful advice on the essential tasks and how to avoid problems along the way.
No matter the size of the plot, nor the expertise of the gardener, The Gardener’s Yearbook is the perfect handbook to return to throughout the seasons, with tips including:
– How to get your lawn into shape for the summer
– When you should plant lilies, roses and sweet peas
– How and when to harvest and store your fruit and vegetables
– When to prepare containers for winter
– How to fit a water butt and start a compost bin
– An easy-to-follow crop planner
Featuring specially commissioned linocuts by artist Heather Tempest-Elliott.